Good. Twenty-two black and white photographs measuring ca. 7 x 9.25 inches, each with a hole punched at one corner and varying degrees of soiling. Each shows a different model or view of a Carver Cotton Gin. The Carver Cotton Gin Company had its origins in 1806, when Massachusetts native Eleazer Carver traveled to Natchez, Mississippi to meet with a plantation owner and agreed to construct a cotton gin for him. Not long afterward, he opened a cotton gin factory in Natchez, but ultimately he moved the operation back north after finding the culture of the South not conducive to employee productivity. Carver made a number of improvements to existing designs and received patents for his inventions. His son, Joseph, succeeded him, and the company was still in business as late as the 1940s.