Ruthin: The Taliesin Press, 1825.
First Edition. Hardcover. Very good-. Large quarto, in a nineteenth century binding of dark purple pebbled cloth with burgundy leather spine and corners, gilt spine lettering, marbled endpapers, all edges gilt. Complete with five plates. Extremities scuffed, bookplate removed from front pastedown, leaving an area of abrasion. Binding sound, text and plates clean. Provenance: written on a front blank is "Purchased at the sale of the Library of the Late Canon F.R. Raines at Manchester, Dec, 17th & 18th 1878, 9/-." Signed W.H. Burns, under which is ink-stamped "Clayton Hall, Clayton, Manchester." Gabriel Goodman (1528-1601) became the Dean of Westminster on 23 September 1561 and was the re-founder of Ruthin School, in Ruthin, Denbighshire. In 1568 he translated the “First Epistle to the Corinthians" for the “Bishops' Bible” and assisted Dr William Morgan with his translation of the Bible into Welsh (Wiki).