First Edition. Softcover. Good. One of 50 copies printed for private circulation. 30 pp. 7 x 10.5 inches, in original wrappers, illustrated with one original photograph and one photomechanically reproduced photograph. Presentation inscription on the title page to a member of a prominent Allegheny County family, "Mr. R.C. Wrenshall from John Way, Jr." Wrappers are chipped and only just attached (by a thread) to the text block, most of backstrip is gone, margins of the page with the original photograph are foxed. Otherwise clean. John Way, Jr. (1831-1902) was an elder of the Presbyterian Church of Sewickley and he taught a bible class for young men for 60 years. He helped to organize the Young Men's Christian Association in his area, taught elocution classes for adults, acted as the first president of the Public Library in Sewickley. In 1877, after finding the local schools unsuitable for his children, he financed a new building and reopened the Sewickley Academy for Boys, which had originally operated from his childhood home, beginning in 1838. This book is primarily a history of the religious institutions (churches and sunday schools) of the town, but also includes other details, such as the prices of goods and wages recorded in an early account book and what residents and buildings were present in the town c. 1800. One copy located in OCLC, at the American Antiquarian Society.