3.5 x 5.5 inches. Very slight edgewear, some dust soiling to the (otherwise blank) back. Unposted. The town of Meridian (Sutter County) was established in 1852, and by 1860 a ferry service was taking people across the Sacramento River. This photo – which shows the ferry operator standing at the side of the boat as a large, open-topped car (proudly flying a “Michigan” pennant) drives off—captures the ferry in its final days of operation. It was superseded by a bridge in 1914.